Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Monday June 3, 2013

Dear family,  

I'm sorry; packing took so long, so I don't have very much time! I will try to remember everything you told me in your letters, but it's been a few days and I don't remember everything and I can only skim right now. Before I forget, mom I don't think I told you anything about priesthood last time . . . but we've been talking about it in our district and it's something that I want to study some more things about, and you talked a lot about it in your letter! You even talked specifically about priesthood power and faith . . . which was something we discussed. It was really cool! I also liked reading about your thoughts on families. It's so interesting to me how . . . central to my personal . . . everything (identity and purpose) being a mother is. I'm (obviously) not a mother yet, but I know that is my purpose, and I can feel the power of it. 

Speaking of being tired . . . this is mostly due to the fact that jihu meitian (almost every day) this week, Sister Barden and I have gone running in the morning! I have LOVED it! However it has required getting up early . . . and I am REALLY feeling the effects of it. Hopefully a plane ride of sleep will help! I think we did one day too many however, because my tendon (that has given me problems in the past) really hurt after our run this morning . . . another good reason for sitting for a long period of time! And tomorrow we WERE going to have to report to the travel office at 7:30 am . . . but there was a change of plans and we report at 6:00 am because we are riding the frontrunner up to the airport! I think taking the frontrunner will be a bit of a fun adventure, but the hour and a half earlier will mean some sleepy eyes tomorrow!


Saturday I had a wonderful surprise- Sister Barden and I were running around the field a bit at gym (yes . . . running again . . . this makes us sound WAY more active than we actually are), and I hear my name called. Guess who! Jessica Christine Blockburger!!! I was SO stoked! I felt guilty because we talked probably longer than we should have . . . but it was absolutely wonderful :)

Chloe: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I hope you get to visit Katie :) (Oh and Katie, thank you for your letter! It said "Part II" at the beginning . . . was Part I your last letter, or did something not get sent?)

Em: Thanks for your package! I want to send you a letter back, but this P-day I didn't have any time to write anyone and so it might be a while until my next letter, so I wanted to thank you!!!! You spoil me :) And want to make me pang!

Mom I'm planning on trying home phone first, so I hope that's the one you meant. After that I will try your cell phone.

Congratulations Spencer!!

I love you!! Talk to you tomorrow!

Sister Edwards                                                 
                                                                 MTC farewell pictures:
 
I believe this is Rachel's district with a teacher.

I believe this is a shot of Rachel's generation just before heading
their separate ways



Farewell shots with favorite sisters
















Addresses for writing and packages:
Rachele@myldsmail.net


10642
Taiwan Taipei Mission
4F, 24, Lane 183, Chin Hua Street
Ta An District, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and keeping in contact with Rachel.  I know that means a lot to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment