Sunday, June 8, 2014

Monday June 2, 2014

                                                                                                                   
June 2, 2014

Dear family,

I hope you all got to eat some good Zhongzi to celebrate Dragon Boat festival! Ask Dave and Jeff if you want to know what Zhongzi are:) We actually got to go to the Lake and watch the dragon boat races. Super fun.

Last week we had a contact from weeks ago agree to meet with us when we called. He and his daughter actually came to our baptism, they stayed after for a discussion, and then both set baptismal dates!! Which was a really cool experience for me, because I personally remember contacting, and feeling that they were special and I could not forget to call after the daughter's test was over like they told us we could. The dad originally wasn't super interested, but just thought it was for his daughter. Now they are both making commitments to prepare them for baptism! And, they came to church yesterday!

Also on Sunday, Ling2 came to church. We'd met with her for the first time Saturday night. She'd come to Wen’s baptism the previous Saturday and had come to church the week before that. We met with her again after church. It was one of the most intense lessons I've ever taught. Her father passed away when she was 8, and since then she hasn't believed in God. We shared the Plan of Salvation with her, and she . . . began to cry. She wasn't sure if it was true or not, but you could feel the Spirit working with her. I don't know how to explain it, but you could just FEEL God testifying to her that He exists. It wasn't . . . loud, but it was just there. It was incredible. She NEEDS the gospel, and is reaching for it herself.

I love the tender mercies of the Lord. As I put my faith in him, I feel the companionship of the Spirit, and my heart is at peace. This peace comes mostly through prayer and scripture study.  I love you! Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Rachel



This is the bishop and his wife from Danshui who came to visit on May 5 with our recent convert, Angel.  It was SO FUN. I love them soooo much.






I loved this picture of the ocean.  Wished that I was there.  But..the sun never seems to shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment