Friday, June 20, 2014

Monday June 16, 2014

Monday June 16, 2014
Dear family,

I hope all of you are having a wonderful father's day!

This week is transfers, so Sister Steed will be going home this weekend, all the way back to California. So that is a little sad. But there will be a new adventure starting as well! So I will have a new companion next week.

Our investigator Nian, Andrea, is doing so well!! She got in a car accident last week that left her really bruised and in pain, but without any serious injuries. When we met with her after church, she shared with us that she was grateful to God that it wasn't more serious, and takes it as a blessing from God.  She still came to church even though she was drugged up with a bunch of painkillers and hurt if anyone touched her. A member brought her :) There is something about Nian JM. I feel like she was the one we were meant to find. I remember feeling a while ago that there was someone in Hualian that we were meant to find, and I believe it's her. The hand of God in her life is so apparent, and His love for her is great. I feel like I am getting a window into something much greater than myself. I think she is part of the reason I am in Taiwan.

Rachel and Andrea


 
This morning as I was reading my scriptures, I was impressed with so many things. One of them was the spark of light that exists in human beings. The light of Christ. Just the spark of goodness that is evident in human behavior. Bad things happen, and people do bad things, but there is a basic yearning in human beings to reach for one another in love. To help one another. We really are a family, a family that consists of everyone on the face of the earth, and God wants us to lift each other up.

Another thing I noticed this morning was the promise of the Lord's presence as missionaries. The Lord states over and over again, that He is in the midst of those that are on His errand. I think one of my favorite ways that it is stated is in 2 Nephi 22:6 "Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee." I believe that the Lord is guiding this work, and is great in the midst of us. I would say most of the time I don't notice perhaps as much as I should, but there are moments when it becomes so clear, just for a short amount of time, and I realize the hand of God.

I love you!

Sister Rachel Caroline Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment