Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Monday April 7, 2014

Monday April 7, 2014
Dear family,

I'm sorry I didn't get a letter out last time! I actually don't know what took me so long, but I ended up running out of time, and only realized afterward that I didn't tell you I moved! I moved to Hualian, the most beautiful place on the island!  Hulian is along the east coast and there are mountains and ocean. AAHHHHH!!!!! I'm in love with it already. I was really sad to leave Danshui, but it felt right too. My new companion is Sister Steed, who is awesome. She was trained by Sister Taylor, my second companion on the island, and so I heard a lot about her from Sister Taylor; consequently I already loved Sister Steed.  I was pretty excited when they announced that we would be companions.

 I actually am in a leadership position now, Sister Training leader. I think it will be really fun because we go on exchanges with lots of sisters. We have 6 exchanges this transfer (we "watch over" six companionships). This new calling is making me rely on the Lord more than ever, and He never lets me down :) 

 On Saturday we went out with a member for pretty much the whole day. At a light I started talking to a girl on her scooter, and she was willing to pull over. It turns out that she used to be Christian, but now she doesn't know if God exists or not. We ended up having a lesson with her on the street, gave her a Book of Mormon, and she agreed to start meeting with us, as well as pray and ask God if He exists, and read the Book of Mormon. Her name is Chen2.

We knocked on Shi4 Hao2’s door this past week, and ended up giving him a lesson in his doorway.  During the lesson he set a baptismal date. So cool we’ll see what happens!

We tried hard to follow the Spirit this week. One night we rode our bikes into an area parked, and realized that we really needed the Spirit to guide us. We said a prayer and listened very hard for the Spirit's guidance. We went to the doors that we felt guided to, and found two new investigators after knocking on five doors.

We also met a cute girl from China whom we gave a Book of Mormon to.

One of my favorite things: I'm Asian!! I had one person tell me last week that I look like an American, with my blonde hair and green eyes, but that I gave them the feeling of a Chinese person. I just felt like a Chinese person! And then someone else a few days later told me that I feel like a Taiwanese person. In high school my friends always joked that I was Asian at heart . . . it's the truth.

AHHHH!!!!! I just have to explode!!!! Sister Nelson sent me  pictures of Sister Zhao and the Zhang family's baptisms. I CANNOT CONTAIN MY HAPPINESS!!!!! Oh my gosh. Zhang family is an absolute miracle. God wanted that family  badly;  the spirit was so strong when teaching them. I love them and I love Sister Nelson  and Sister Zhao SO much!!


Baptismal pictures of
Sister Zhao and the Zhang family.  




No comments:

Post a Comment