Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Monday November 18, 2013

Monday November 18, 2013


This week was interesting!   First I had a random Taiwanese kid, whom I'd just met, tell me that he would wait for me for a year. That was pretty fun! He wouldn't give me his number so I could give it to the Elders.  He wasn't quite as interested in them as he was in us, but we did give him a Book of Mormon. 

XXX JM also came to church again this week, and she is doing so well! She is reading, praying, coming to church, and obeying the commandments. She will definitely get her answers!  She's begun to make it a habit of baking us cookies!!  Last Sunday we were talking about cookies after church.  When she showed up for our lesson that week, she plopped down two giant bags of cookies on the table. It must have been obvious how much we liked them, because she brought us more the next time we met.  I won't say how fast we ate them up :)

We also had a visit from Sister George's dad's friend, who is Taiwanese. When Sister George's dad worked in China they worked together and were pretty good friends. They were SO fun and funny too! We had a great time with them, and even got to answer some of their questions; for example, Word of Wisdom.  

Later we got this letter and pictures that he sent:

Dear two young & pretty ladies,
       It is so happy to see you happily staying at Taiwan, we had a such pleasant evening, didn't we?
       The Tibet restaurant we had that 40 cm bowl of chicken noodle is my favorite, definitely we will come back again.


     
       It is a very good chance for us to understand more about The Lord, and you knew that we are on the way in our believe in god.
  My wife, Meili she is so please to have you in Taiwan, expecting to see you again soon.


         Keep in touch and god bless you
         Meili & FC
        P.S. I attached 2 paintings that I drew. I hope that you like


And just so you know  those painting are real! He zoomed in so I could see it! It took me several times of asking him to really believe that he did paint them. He actually painted the pictures on his IPad; so he would zoom really far in, and do a square at a time. He took 8 months to paint  the river one.

One definite highlight from the week was finally going to the bike shop. I feel like I have a new bike! A month or two ago I left my bike out in the rain for a few days . . . and the rusty chain has been a little rough since then. But now .it rides like a charm! Oiled up, new lights for front and back (both were out), a new reflector, brakes tightened, AND (drum roll) . . . a basket!! That basket may not sound like THAT big of a deal, but it is! Not only will it help with carrying groceries home, but it also will make a big difference with being able to talk to people while riding (for example, at stoplights), because it's so easy to grab something to give them. Elders don't know how convenient their front pockets really are.

One thing that was really cool, was talking with the bishop yesterday. I know I say this pretty much every week, but his support has been a HUGE blessing in my life. His love for and faith in us is so apparent, and that makes such a big difference! He talked to us about our investigators and he told us we needed more faith. Not in a mean way at all, but I was motivated by his own faith in us. It was really needed, and I hope to focus on faith more.  I need more faith. I believe that the Lord CAN produce miracles . . . but I don't really believe He WILL. So that is something I'm trying to figure out how to develop a powerful faith. I'm not really sure what I mean. Hopefully by next week I'll have more to report.

I love you!!

Sister Rachel Caroline Edwards







No comments:

Post a Comment